Somfy automation offers increased flexibility and convenience for you and your home. Imagine going to bed at night with blinds drawn for full privacy and waking up to rays of sunshine illuminating your living space, all preset to occur without you having to do a thing! With Somfy products you can enhance your lifestyle with blinds, curtains and awnings all under your control at the touch of a button.
Benefits of Motorised Window Coverings
The sun protection provided by both indoor and outdoor window furnishings is crucial to our health and wellbeing in Australia. Somfy automation systems improve our living and working environments and by providing convenience, safety, thermal comfort and energy efficiency, maximised with this automated functionality that is not possible with a manual system.
The benefits of Somfy automated blinds and curtains include:
- Convenience. With the touch of a button, move your blind or curtain to any position. Add sensors and timers so your products work even when you’re not at home and control your product from your mobile device.
- Energy Efficiency. Reduce energy usage by controlling the amount of heat and light entering your home – cooling your home in summer and warming you home in winter.
- Longer Lifespan. Manual operation can damage blinds and curtains through excessive force or improper use. Somfy’s smooth and controlled operation of blinds and curtains ensures both maximum functionality and a longer lifespan of the product.
- Safety. Cords and chains are completely removed, providing peace of mind for you and a safer environment for your children and pets.
- Quiet and Discreet. Motors are fully concealed inside the tube of the blind.
- Sonesse – ultra quiet motors. Sonesse motors use patented technology to dampen noise and vibration, delivering a new standard in acoustic control. Available in both wired technology and RTS radio technology motors.
- Glydea – curtain motorisation. This system is quiet, discreet, flexible and robust. These motors are built to suit your environment, so you have the choice of dry-contact, radio RTS technology or RS485 modules. ‘Touch Motion’ opens or closes the curtain simply by pulling on the fabric.
- Roll Up Wirefree RTS Battery Powered Solution. Battery powered motors are ideal for hard to reach blinds or difficult electrical connection, with the benefit of remote control operation without the need for electrical connection.
Controls and Sensors Overview
Somfy offers a broad range of control solutions to meet your automation needs and the range is unique, stylish and functional. The selection includes:
- Somfy myLink. Control blinds, curtains, awnings, screens, roller shutters and RTS enabled lighting with a smartphone or tablet. Allows control of up to 20 products, from anywhere around world!
- Situo RTS (1, 2 or 5 channel). Controls one motor or a group of motors per channel. Unique design in a range of colours including pure, silver, gold and rose gold.
- Telis Soliris RTS (1 or 5 channel). Turn your sun sensor on and off with the touch of a button. Colours include pure, silver, lounge and patio.
- Telis ModVar RTS (1 or 5 channel). Scroll wheel functionality, for venetian blinds, for precise adjustment of horizontal blind slats. Colours include pure, silver and lounge.
- Telis ModVar Soliris RTS (1 channel). Turn your sun sensor on and off with the touch of a button plus precise adjustment of horizontal blind slats. Available in pure.
- Telis 16 RTS (16 channel). Easy operation of up to 16 individual motors or 16 groups of motors. Create and control multiple zones within the home to suit any lifestyle. Compatible with entire range of RTS products. Available in pure and silver.
- Telis 6 Chronis RTS (6 channel). Allows programming of up to 6 timed events per day, plus the benefits of a 6 channel Somfy remote. Compatible with entire range of RTS products. Available in a choice of colours including pure and silver.
- Smoove RTS wall mounted control (1 channel). Wall mounted, single channel control unit, up/down and stop functions or open/close and stop function. Available in a choice of modules in 3 finishes and frames in 7 finishes.
- Situo RTS wall mounted remote control (1 channel). Wireless wall mounted transmitter to control one motor or a group of motors. Available in pure.
- Eolis 3D Wirefree RTS motion sensor. 100% wireless wind sensor for external folding arm awnings, automatically retracts based on wind vibrations. Raise external screens in windy conditions to prevent fabric from tearing. Available in white, black and beige.
- Soliris Eolis sensor. Automatically controls your RTS motorised products based on current weather conditions and protects awning or screen sun’s intensity increases. Energy consumption is reduced by up to 40%.
- Sunis Wirefree RTS sun sensor. 100% wireless sun sensor for awnings, screens, external venetian blinds and roller shutters. Automatically lowers blinds or retracts awning based on amount of sunlight.
- Soliris RTS sun and wind sensor. Automatically adjusts the position of a sunscreen or awning based on wind speed and/or a preset amount of sunlight.
- Sunis Indoor RTS wirefree sensor. Save energy costs and protect the inside of your house from harmful UV rays. Automatically adjusts the position of an external blind or roller shutter based on sunlight.
- Thermosunis RTS wirefree sensor. 100% wireless indoor sun and temperature sensor. Automatically adjusts the position of an internal blind, roller shutter or venetian based on a preset amount of sunlight and inside temperature.
- Ondeis Rain sensor. Automatically retracts an awning or closes a roof in the event of rain.
Do you want more information on a certain product? Want to see the range? Get in touch with our team on 02 9712 2722 for a free in-home consultation or visit our showroom in Sydney’s inner west.